Thursday 26 November 2009

My mission statement

I already have two other blogs. A third?

Who is this blog for?
Well, in a way this is the one I care most about. The one I always meant to write. It's for students who want to improve their English, but either don't have a teacher or are looking for ways to do more outside the classroom.


Please note. Most of the ideas you find here will be using IT. My experience is that it either turns you on or off. Try. If you don't like, move on. Different people learn in different ways.

What's the idea?
Well there are three in fact.

1. A little but often
Sometimes doing something for a short time is more effective than a long activity that sends you to sleep. There are two conditions for this to work. You need to be regular and you need to be interested in what you are doing.

2. Quality before quantity
Sometimes learners confuse these two ideas. If I had to choose, I would go for quality every time.

3. Variety is the spice of life
This is also personal, and learning does tend to be a very personal issue. I am one of those easily bored types. I may be quick, but I can't do the same thing for too long. So the third idea is to give you a variety of different exercises - just to keep you stimulated.

What will you find here?
Daily activities using ICT and the internet. I expect you to work daily. Just don't expect me to post daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment